If you’ve used our CBD hemp oil, you know that we use MCT oil as a carrier for our full spectrum hemp concentrate. Maybe you’ve even used MCT oil on its own in a shake, smoothie, or your bulletproof coffee. But why is it so great, and why did we choose it over all the other options?
MCT stands for medium-chain triglyceride. Medium-length chains of fats called triglycerides, due to their shorter length, are easily digested. Some health benefits have been linked to the way your body processes these fats, making them a popular addition to many peoples’ daily health routine.
Most MCT oil is extracted from coconut oil, since over half of the fats in coconut oil come from MCTs. So it’s not just coconut oil, but a more refined version of the best fats the coconut has to offer.
Other carrier oil options we looked at were grapeseed oil, hempseed oil, and avocado oil. But the great thing about MCT is that the body is able to convert MCTs easily into ketones (a substance that helps convert fat to energy). So MCT can be converted into energy efficiently, and it’s a great way to get CBD to the whole body.
In addition to its efficiency in delivering CBD, MCT is virtually tasteless, so we were able to add a small amount of organic essential oils for flavor, or just let our hemp speak for itself with the natural flavor.
Some other benefits of MCT oil we found in our research are:
- Since MCTs easily enter your cells without being broken down, they can be used as an immediate source of energy.
- It may reduce lactate buildup in athletes.
- It may help reduce inflammation.
- Some studies show MCTs help brain and memory function
- A 2014 study found that MCTs led to an increase in the hormones that reduce appetite and make a person feel full.
- A 2009 study showed that consumption of MCTs reduced bad cholesterol, and increased good cholesterol.
- In a 2007 study, MCTs were shown to improve blood sugar levels in participants with type 2 diabetes.
And those are just a handful of examples! After reading up on MCT oil it was an easy choice to use it in our hemp oil tincture.
If you want to read more about MCTs, check out our sources for this article:
To shop our selection of hemp oil tinctures with MCT oil, go to https://greenriverbotanicals.com/shop/